We will choose a web hosting site to fit your budget,
taking into account
- size of your web site - disk space requirements
- number of users and pages served - bandwidth
- amount of change planned
In many cases we will be able to offer you hosting on one of our reseller hosting systems.
Here I will include the table comparing the six levels. It's most likely that I will code it using php and the Bobbing Wide APIs as it will be a lot easier and I cannot (yet) think how I could make the table dynamic using views. Each of the Features will themselves need links to a section or page telling you more about the particular feature. Even the Starting from one.
A WordPress one page Wonder (WoW) website is a simple website that starts off as ONE page. But it can be easily extended.. by yourself... once you know how.
The basic configuration of a WoW style site is:
- Installed using the WordPress content management system blogging tool
- One 'static' page configured as the front page
- A contact form
- A blog
- A very simple menu to allow user access to the Contact form and Blog
- Sidebar widgets to show "useful" information
- A custom theme, built to your specification using the Artisteer tool
- Minimal guest user interaction - i.e. Comments disabled
Bronze level sites are starter web sites.
They advertise your existence on the internet, but are not particularly interactive.
A bronze level website typically features:
- Up to 4 pages, including a Home page, a Contact Us form and a blog
- Simple design
- Simple navigation
- Grid layout
A bronze website can be developed using WordPress or Drupal.
If you choose WordPress then you will be able to easily add your own plugins.
If you choose Drupal, then it will be configured with a fairly extensive set of contributed modules.
If you want to add more contributed modules then you will have to learn how to download and install these yourself.
Or sign up for a maintenance contract.
These websites are of medium size and complexity.
They are suitable for fairly static websites such as online brochures or marketing information.
A silver level website typically features:
- Between 5 and 10 pages
- Medium complex design
- Simple to medium navigation
- User interaction with forms
- Custom content types
- Downloadable files (freely available )
Silver level websites will normally be developed using the Drupal CMS
A Bobbing Wide Gold level website will have more functionality than a Silver level website.
This site will be developed using Drupal.
If you want to sell products online then you may also want to have the Ubercart e-Commerce package - which provides a full function e-Commerce package... more than just a PayPal button and often more than simple shopping cart links.
A typical gold level website will
- Be more than ten pages
- Have a medium to complex design
- Involve user interaction with forms
- Provide multiple ways of finding information
- Provide additional functionality using Drupal contributed modules
- Contain some custom written code
- Require special tweaks for themeing
- Support different types of user with different levels of authority (roles)
A Platinum level site is like a Gold level site, only even more involved.
- It will be built using the Drupal CMS
- It will contain a plethora of contributed modules
- It will be configured with complex content types
- We will include some of the more advanced web 2.0 functions, depending on your requirements of course: subscription through feeds, aggregation of feeds from other sites, newsletters, user comments, rating, feedback, polls, various ways that users can get access to the site.
You're looking at a web page in a Bobbing Wide level unobtanium site.
This site has just about everything you'd want... and possibly quite a bit you don't want.
In this case, if you're a Bobbing Wide customer, the bits you're unlikely want is all the techno-babble.
But if you happen to be CMS savvy or you want to have a better understanding of how your site is put together then you might find it handy after all. Especially the bits that explain things with visible examples.
Developed using Drupal, Ubercart and more contributed modules than you've had hot dinners, an unobtanium level site will satisfy a whole host of needs.
The chances are that this level of site will include one or more of the following requirements:
- complex themes
- needs to be hosted individually, with enough bandwidth and disk space to support the content and use.
- requires security certificates and support for the https protocol.
- will be translated to support multiple languages (internationalization aka i18n)
- things we haven't thought about yet
On the face of it the [bw] Technical Support site is just a very simple, single page, static website.
But under the covers, it's a web reseller hosting site where I administer some of the smaller websites we have developed.